3.22.2015

Sometimes People ask me "Why?"

So, I'm still single. And I'm ok with that. I mean, yes, I am very excited to be married and have kids, however, I'm not going to mope around until I find my guy. I haven't found him yet and until I do I will continue to live life, learn and grow.

A few days before Valentines someone said to me, "I bet this time of the year, especially this month and even week, can be especially hard for you." Haha, umm no person who knows me very little, thank you for saying this very out of the blue thing. I'm pretty sure I'm single every other day of the year, not just on Valentines. However, from this conversation I started to think of reasons of why I maybe am still single. I usually can't think of any HUGE deal breakers, I honestly just don't think I've found the guy yet that we can both be our full self around and we love each other for it. But I did start to think of some funny reasons of why I could still be single. Please enjoy my brainstorming session.

Reasons why I am probably still single
  1. My nieces and nephews are probably praying that I will never get married so that they may have me all to themselves and Heavenly Father is answering their prayers and not mine. Let's be honest, they're way cuter than I am so I don't blame him for siding with them.
  2. I love to travel which means I am not around a lot. What guy wants to go out with a girl who says yes to a date but then adds on, "but I'm going to Peru for a few weeks and so I won't be able to go out until I get back." Yeah, he's pretty much dating your Frienemy when you get home from the trip. His loss.
  3. I rather hang out with my mom than go out and be social. Doesn't mean I don't make an effort to go out, I'm just kind of over the random crazy parties where you meet lots of random people. I rather spend time with my mom, family or close friends.
  4. I haven't kissed in so long that I'm pretty sure I have reverted back to VL. I am TERRIFIED to kiss again. Maybe I'll practice on my arm ;)
  5. I am getting old enough that I am no longer the cute adorable fluffy energetic puppy dog at the pound. I am the older, mature, potty trained dog. Which dog would you choose? Puppy or old dog? Yeah, I would probably choose the puppy as well. "But I'm potty trained guys! Common!"
  6. On a regular basis I get people telling me about someone they want to set me up with. For weeks, even months, they'll talk this person up and how they're so excited to have us meet AND THEN NOTHING EVER HAPPENS... it's getting old people. Either give the guy my number... or don't and let it end.
  7. I have a theory that the man I am supposed to marry died. Now I have totally told this as a joke but what if I said this SO MUCH that the universe made it happen?! Yikes
  8. Someone recently told me that dating is like Jumanji, you have to keep playing the game to get out of the game. Some times I REALLY hate the game but it's true... I can't stop playing. (Even though sometimes I want to, ugh.)
  9. Umm... all the good guys are gone... hence the video...

2 comments:

Heather said...

oh my gosh I loved this and laughed out loud several times! I just love you and your sense of humor!

Brittany said...

"But I am potty trained guys!" Haha you are the best! :)