9.10.2016

Elephant Beauty

(Picture sent to my friend to thank her for the t-shirt, I love it)

A few months ago when I was checking my bag at the Long Beach Airport the attendant checking my bag asked if I have been to India, referencing the the elephant t-shirt I was wearing. I said no but a friend had given the shirt to me as a thank you for giving her some ideas for her trip to Thailand because I have been there as well. And then I added on, but I did see elephants in Thailand.

He proceeded to tell me he was from India and that they have a saying there that would maybe be offensive in the US but it a very high compliment in India; and that is telling someone they have Elephant Beauty. To be beautiful as an elephant is a high compliment. See if you take the time to really see an elephant and notice its beauties you can see it. An elephant has an incredible truck, strong confident steps, a calm, peaceful, and kind presence, etc. He said, elephant beauty means someone is beautiful all around; the person has many attributes that makes them beautiful as a whole. And he didn't mean looks.

It was a great note to end a trip on but also another reminder to be beautiful in life; in the way I treat others, in the things I do, etc.

No comments: