9.07.2011

All You Can Jet 2010

In August of 2010 I bought an All You Can Jet pass from JetBlue. Basically this pass was an unlimited plane ticket for the month of September. I bought the pass for the amazing one flat rate of $500 and I could book as many flights as I would like during September 7 to October 7. It made perfect sense to buy this pass: (1) I love to travel (2) I was graduated from college (3) I was finishing up my job at USU and hadn't started the job hunt so I could easily take the time... perfect sense :)
Finally getting to the point: When buying this pass I promised a lot of people I would blog about my adventures... well... one might say I'm a bit behind... BUT HEY! Why not tell about these adventures a year later... like an anniversary type of thing: married people eat the top of their cake... I'll tell my stories. So! I'm going to be writing blog posts this month about my 2010 Fall travels (I'm going to throw in a few other trips I took along with the All You Can Jet trips)
1 of 8: Vegas
Exactly one year ago today I flew to Vegas for the day to go shopping... haha because I could! Basically I got on the plane that morning with my purse, jacket and a book. To add to the ridiculousness of this... I had a layover in Long Beach but I didn't care. Once I got to Vegas, I took the airport shuttle bus ($8) to the Planet Hollywood where the Mile Long Shops were and I headed straight to H&M. If I'm going to fly somewhere to go shopping; might as well go where I can't go at home. Once I was done with my shopping adventures at the mall, I ran over to the Belgio where I purchased some gelato and then went outside to watch the fountains (one of my favorite things in Vegas). It was lovely: chocolate gelato, warm sun, mystical fountains, shopping bags filled with cute clothes :)
After that I caught a taxi back to the airport (again, I felt very cool all by myself in a taxi with my shopping bags) in perfect timing to board the plane right away. On the flight home I ended up in the very first row of the plane (very spacious), sitting next to a man named Michael Scott. No joke. He was a talker; so we talked the entire flight home. He was from Vegas, used to be a "criminal man" but changed his life around and now volunteers at a catholic school coaching the football team. He also asked if I was Mormon, I said yes, he said, "Hmm, I like Mormons. They're good people. My nephew went to school in Colorado and dated a Mormon girl and she really turned him into a good boy. I couldn't do it though... but... yeah.... I like Mormons."


Still to come:
Boston
Maine
New Orleans
San Diego
Lake Powell
Washington DC
Cancun

2 comments:

Em said...

Amy! I love that you did this. Lil' Miss Independent! I am so bummed they didnt do this again this year. You know I would have been your travel buddy. I cant wait to hear about all the rest!

Paul and Court said...

Hey Amy! Wow, that sounds like an awesome adventure! I've hardly traveled at all! I've also never spent time in Vegas, it sounds like tons of fun! :)