5.27.2013

Pen Pals

Remember when it was a "thing" when you were little to have a pen pal? I miss that! It's just so much fun to get mail, I love mail. Not junk mail and bills... heavens no. I mean a letter from a friend.

It's more personal and thoughtful to send or receive a note in the mail and because it came in the mail it is usually longer than a easily quick email sent.

Letters are something you usually save because it meant something and going back to read it again years later usually makes you smile, laugh, think or it gives you a push to keep going on a bad day because someone believed in you at one time. I have two shoe boxes full of letters I have saved from people over the years. Some actually are from friends and pen pals back when I was in Elementary school. Every once in awhile I go through them to get rid of ones that probably aren't as meaningful but I usually only toss out a few.

Any ways, I miss the days of Pen Pals from childhood all the way through High school and College... I need to start up my "pen pal" ways again.

No comments: