11.20.2013

1,000 Things to Be Thankful For

I read this really neat article in the September 2013 Ensign about a girl who had a homework assignment to write about 100 things she was thankful for. As she talked with her family she started to extend her list and made a challenge to find 1,000 things to be thankful for.

Read the article here:
1,000 Things to Be Thankful For by Richard M. Romney

I learned at a LDS Education Conference in Boston in October that people who are grateful for things are generally more happy. They shared a statistic that if you write down 3 things you are grateful for, each day for 6 months, your happiness will increase by 25%.

After reading the 1,000 Things to be Thankful For article I decided that I wanted to make a list of my own. I was just going to sit down and write it all out, but that really is A LOT. I decided to do what this statistic said and write down three things each day until I have 1,000; it's going to take almost a year to do it. THAT WAY I'm really thinking about it and observing it each day. AND I would procrastinate what I wanted to do because it's such a big list but instead I'm biting a little bit of the "elephant" at a time.
Happy Thanksgiving Month!

No comments: