1.02.2014

Book Reviews: Peter and the Secret of Rundoon

Yay! I'm continuing on with my 2013 Reading List; It feels great!


Peter and the Secret of Rundoon by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
This is the third book in the Peter and the Starcatchers series. The books are written for children but I have really enjoyed them. One of the many fun things about this series is that it unfolds how Peter Pan becomes the character we know, and how Neverland comes to be the place we wish truly existed. This book continued on with Peter's adventures and it didn't hold back as it included a flying camel, an evil creature that can steal your shadow and soul (Gasp! What! I thought he died in the last book! Nope, guess again), magic carpets and a snake that eats children. The book has two stories going on at once and it would jump back and forth between the two stories, creating cliff hangers and the "want" to continue reading. I loved how the book includes all the elements of what childhood should be; adventure, imagination, innocence, hope, loyalty, love, etc. I loved the ending to this book, it left you slightly sad (like a happy-sad) but also warm and hopeful. I would recommend this book! But you would have to read the first two first AND remember it's a children's book so plan to let your imagination soar but there will be not intellectual gain.
Originally this was the last book of the series but two more books have now been written; I'm debating if I want to read them or just end with this one.

No comments: