1.19.2014

It's Another Reading List! Why Not?!

The new year is here and I'm posting my 2014 books I hope to read! As always I over estimate my ability to read lots of books in the year (ahem, 2013 Reading List), and so there is overlap from last year (again... as always) but that's ok... I'm going to continue to plug along and think glass half full! Every year I post my reading list I read more books than I did the year before, so I'll continue to over-stretch my goal BUT increase my number by doing so! Huzzah!

As always, feel free to read along with me!


Books I have started but have not finished: (Is it weird that I start books and then put them down and come back to them later?! Sometimes it's because I want to say I've read them but just can't get into them but other times it's just because I'm not in the mood for that book until later on.)

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss

Mediation and the Atonement of Christ by John Taylor


Books to Read this year

Deception Point by Dan Brown

Utopia by Sir Thomas More

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy

The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell

The Servant by James C. Hunter

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas

Twenty Years After by Alexander Dumas

Any recommendations for:
A light fun book; possibly on the chick flick side or young adult.

A church book; also on the light side. I really liked reading I Sit All Amazed this year. It was an easy read, inspiring, motivating and enjoyable. I would like to find something similar.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Chick flicky - The Selection by Keira Cass. It's a trilogy and the last one comes out in May. It's a quick, fun read with lots of romance-y-ness.

Unknown said...

Looks awesome Am! Clarissa and I are reading Bossypants by Tina Fey right now - its hilarious. Also, Divergent is another one of those Hunger Games/Matched teen sensations that is a quick and entertaining read. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Also, for church books "Believing Christ" is an amazing one that is pretty short and super uplifting.