2.21.2016

What a Year... Goodbye 2015

Soooo I'm a little late in writing this but whatevs.

Review of 2015
I quit my job at Utah State and it was such a hard thing to do. Well, actually I quit in December of 2014 and then stayed through the end of April to help find my replacement and to make sure the next A-Team was trained. I'm glad I got a chance to meet the new A-Team, and of course instantly fell in love with them. I spent the summer in Thailand on a humanitarian trip with Help International. While I was there, I thought about what I wanted to do next; school or a job were both front runners in the possible out comes. I made a mental list of things I wanted out of my next job, if I were to just start working again, and when I came home I was very blessed to have quite a few job offers. Surprisingly I ended up taking a job at my dad's office. His business partner has been trying to get me to work there ever since I graduated from college and I've always turned it down (probably out of pride because I didn't want to look like someone who was just handed a job because her dad's name was on the building) but this time everything I wanted on my job wish list was offered, and they didn't even know about the list, and I decided it was best for what I needed and I could still do a good job for them. One thing I loved in Thailand was working with all of the cute kids and I have really been missing dance (going to go dance in Disneyland was one thing I was considering for "what's next.") and I decided I wanted to try teaching dance to younger kids and one of my things I wanted out of my next job was to have one flexible enough that I could leave early once a week to go and teach. Masters is still not out of the question; getting my MBA in the future is still a high possibility.

2015 Travels



Capitol Reef National Park - blog post still to come

Highlights and Favorite Moments

  • THAILAND!
  • Most epic Gif Conversation
    • One day in September two of my friends and I spent the entire day conversing through text only with gifs (moving pictures but not the movies). The humor and creativity was top notch throughout the whole day. The conversation talked about everything and anything; working out, eating food, being single, celebrating when someone would return to the conversation after being silent for an hour or so. We've tried to make it happen again but it quickly dies; that one day will always be known as epic.
  • 12 Days of Christmas
    • I had my mom for Christmas with our family Secret Santa drawing and I decided to do the 12 Days of Christmas for her. It was so fun to think of things to do for each of the days, to watch her receive each gift, and to do something big and special for someone who is constantly thinking of others.

Most Visited Posts
Sometimes People ask me "Why?"
Terrified
MBTI
Time Capsule

Things Learned
Cinderella reminded me I am happiest when I have courage and am genuinely kind.
The Thais taught me to be more generous, selfless, happy, and gentle.
Reflecting on my life thus far I came to realize the things I was most terrified to try but somehow still found the courage to try are some of my life's happiest, cherished, life-learning moments and stepping stones. No more letting fear stop me from what I want to do.
Dating can be fun when I let myself be myself.

What's Next
Teaching Dance - I'm terrified but what is there to loose? I would loose more by not trying. I'm not saying this is going to happen in the next month or so but my goal is to figure something out by the end of the year.
Buy a small home or townhouse. EEK! So scary and such a big investment.
Figure out the next grand travel adventure... obviously. London? Iceland? Asia? Guatemala?

Family Photos
My family as of 2015.
In 2008 we did family photos and while we were taking the pictures my sister-in-law said she was not doing this again until I got married. Well..... we have since had family photos twice and welp... no Amy marriage, sorry to disappoint. But at least the family keeps growing in other ways, right?

2008

2013

2015

No comments: