11.21.2010

It... S-N-O-W-E-D

umm... it snowed last night... like... in the movies when the scene is doing a transition from one scene to the next and the first one was fall and then as the transfer happens it says "winter" and there is snow... EVERYWHERE! (I feel like in those transition scenes there is always a kid on a bike doing his paper route. The best scene is found in While You Were Sleeping. The kid chucks the newspaper and he falls off his bike... totally random to the story but still a good laugh.)

Now I hate winter and ever more being cold, I'm one of those people who loves summer and would rather be dying of heat than layering like crazy to stay warm. HOWEVER there is still something magical about the first snow (and snow on Christmas). And this was an (high pitched singing voice) aMAZING first snow. It is the fresh, happy, fluffy, winter wonderland snow.

Confession... I love snow; again it is the cold and winter time I can't stand. I hate the dark depressing days and the cold weather that bites at your bones and steals YOUR SOUL. But the pure white snow is so great; it brings wonder and awe. My last semester of college I took a snowboarding class and it was so much fun, I'm awful, but I loved it. I can't wait to get back on the mountain this year and keep practicing. There really is something about being in the mountains riding up lifts and flying down through powder... everything is still but not a creepy silent, more like a peaceful surrounding. If it weren't Sunday and if I wasn't loyal to keeping the Sabbath day holy I would have ignored my hacking cough and gone snow boarding... good thing the season has only begun.

Happy First Snow My Dear Reader

No comments: